The Longview, Texas Area Gas Furnace Specialists
No heat coming from your gas furnace? Before you call Alco Air to schedule a repair for your Longview, Texas area home or business, try these tips first:
Before You Call – Gas Furnace Troubleshooting Checklist
- Thermostat – The temperature should be set above the current room temperature. The system switch should be set to “HEAT” or “AUTO” and the fan switch should be set to “ON” or “AUTO.” If the furnace is not turning on, try setting the thermostat to a higher temperature.
- Filter – If the airflow seems weak, change your air filter. A dirty filter can disrupt airflow.
- Registers – Check registers to make sure they are open and not obstructed.
- Power – Check the power disconnect switch located near your furnace to make sure power is on.
- Fuse Breaker – Check the fuse breaker at the electrical panel to make sure power is on.
- Gas Control Valve – Check to make sure the gas control valve to the furnace is open.
- Pilot Light – Check to make sure the pilot light is on.
Sometimes a simple fix is all you need! However, if you try the tips on this checklist and your gas furnace is still not heating, then Alco Air will be glad to provide you with a professional solution.
To meet with one of our expert gas furnace technicians, contact us online, or call 430-201-3880 .Contact Us